Hey y’all! It’s finally Friday! Whoop Whoop! So, I have a lot of folks asking me for recipes for my meals. Truth is, I do not typically follow a recipe. I look around for ideas sometimes & then just roll with it. But, I am going to try to start sharing more recipes with you guys. Some may be ones that I come up with, and some may be ones that I found, tried, and liked. Keep in mind that I do not typically measure my ingredients much, unless I am baking. So, you may get measurements and you may get pinch‘s, good bit‘s, or just a little‘s. I am forewarning you now.
For our first #FridayFoodie recipe, I am going to share the Ravioli with Garlic & Basil Oil that I made the other night. It was delish! I will also share that it may not necessarily be the “healthiest” meal. However it was hearty and did make me happy, so that is all that counts. Not only that, but it was incredibly easy, and ya’ll know I love that! I paired it with some chopped chicken and broccoli that I sauteed lightly together, and it all just fit perfectly!
Ravioli with Garlic & Basil Oil
A simple side that can be perfectly paired with your favorite vegetables.
- 1 package cheese ravioli
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Dash of Salt
- Black Pepper & Red Pepper Flakes to taste
- 1/4 grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring pot of water to a boil and cook ravioli per package directions. Add dash of salt. (I added in the above noted 1 Tbsp of olive oil while cooking as this was per package instructions.)
- While ravioli is cooking, add 1/4 cup of olive oil and fresh minced garlic in a saute pan and cook on med-low until lightly turning gold/brown. Decrease the heat to low and add in about 1/2 cup of the water from the cooked ravioli. Let simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
- Drain ravioli & add to the skillet of oil, garlic, and water. Add in fresh basil at this time and allow to cook until wilted (this should be around 1-2 minutes). Remove from heat and add in Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle on peppers to taste.
- Pair with chicken breast and favorite veggies for the perfect combo! Enjoy!
Let me know if you try this recipe & give feedback.
Have a great weekend!
Copyright © 2017 Shawna: Whole, Hearty, Happy – All rights reserved