It’s finally Friday! Helloooo weekend! I know I cannot be the only one who is excited about this. So, as promised, I am trying to hold true to my recipe a week each Friday for our very own #FridayFoodie here on Whole, Hearty Happy. I am going to share how I made my Stuffed Italian Meatballs this week. Made with turkey and Italian sausage and stuffed with some extra goodies, these are hard to resist. They were simple to make and delicious to taste!
I’m always trying to find simple and delicious dinner items to make and these fit that idea perfectly. I mixed up the few ingredients, popped them in the oven to bake, and was able to work on my sides while they were doing their thing! I ended up pairing these with some angel hair past and homemade white sauce and some green beans drizzled with a quick and easily made mixture of seasonings in olive oil. So yummy.
I absolutely love turkey and we always use it in our home instead of ground beef. I enjoy the flavor and also the fact that it is a healthier option. Part of my venture into having altered my eating habits was to find ways to still enjoy the tastes I loved while not feeling physically and emotionally guilty for what I was eating. So, something as simple as using turkey for tacos, spaghetti, meatballs, etc. has made a big difference.
Stuffed Italian Meatballs
A tasty meatball perfectly paired with a white or red sauce.
- 1 package ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 package mild ground Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Chopped Onion
- Dash of Salt & Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp of each Basil, Oregano, Parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a pan with parchment paper or, if using foil, be sure to spray with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
3. Mix bacon and mozzarella and set to side.
4. In another bowl, mix remaining ingredients thoroughly.
5. Flatten out a 1″ portion of meat and seasoning mixture into palm. Add small amount of bacon and mozzarella and then cover with another 1″ portion of the meat and seasoning mix. Roll into ball. Place onto lined pan, making sure none touch.
6. Bake until brown and meat has cooked thoroughly with inner temp of 160 degrees. (This was about 25-30 minutes for my oven).
7. Pair with some pasta and your favorite sauce and add something beautifully green on the side. Enjoy!
Let me know if you try this recipe & give feedback.
*Is there a recipe you want me to test out or feature on #FridayFoodie? If so, let me know in the comments!*
Have a great weekend!
Copyright © 2017 Shawna: Whole, Hearty, Happy