If this hasn’t been another quick moving, stress-filled week, I don’t know what is. Not only has work been slightly chaotic, but this week marked a new chapter in our lives. Our oldest child started school. I’m sure other parents can relate.
This week, I thought I would show you guys a recipe that I tried a while back & loved! It was so stinking simple to make & took little time. You guys already know I am a busy woman who has little time for intricate, or time consuming, meals. I love to cook, but I need to be able to do it in a flash!
This recipe originally called for the chicken to be grilled. While I love the taste of grilled food, I can promise you that I am not about to crank up a grill. That just is what it is. So, I cooked mine on the stove top. It was easy & quicker for me. I will also be sure to note that it states that you can marinate it for 15min-2hours. I did not marinate mine at all! I tossed those ingredients for the marinade together, coated the chicken in it, put the rest in the pan, and cooked it. Right then. It still turned out great! It can easily be customized to your personal likes, and with a recipe packed with delicious ingredients and veggies, you can’t go wrong!
Easy Honey-Lime Chicken & Cowboy Caviar
A little southern, a lot of yum!
I used a can of Muir Glen organic Fire Roasted tomatoes for some extra flavor.
Wanting a little extra spice? Add in some red pepper or chili seasoning!
May add a small amount of cheese if needing a little something more.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3-4 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp cilantro
- 1/4 tsp salt, divided
- 2 cups black-eyed peas
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 avocado
- 1 small tomato cut or diced
- 1/4 chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1.Combine 2Tbsp lime juice, honey, oil, pepper, & 1/8tsp salt. Add chicken, toss in container or bag, close, and marinate for 15min-2hours.
- Make Cowboy Caviar: combine beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado, onion, cilantro, and cumin. Stir in the remaining lime juice and salt.
- Cook chicken for approximately 10 minutes on each side, or until 160 degrees throughout. Serve with cowboy caviar.
I hope everyone has an amazing weekend!
Have you tried a similar meal before? How did you like it?